They tanned him as one does leather, I would run my hand over his
skin and feel every pore magnified by age; whatever crawling in and out
relaxing the hole over time on a microscopic level builds up to
overlapping craters on the moon-- every morning getting farther away by
0.01035616438 cm. You can feel the stubble fried off and withered like a
burnt-out forest when you touch his face, it feels like decay and
smells like charred leaves at the bottom of a firepit when you are
trying to set the flame. I imagine I am a blind detrivore who likes it. I
imagine a me who touches him and can love it, I imagine I'm a person
who can see beauty in anything put before me but I can't control my
stomach. I cried because he called me thoughtful without me ever putting
the word in his mouth, it's exactly the word I aspire to... Selfishly I
called because his version of the world includes me only at my best. I'm
constantly worried I ruined it--tonight, tomorrow, someday down the
line. The moon is moving away from me, 3.78 cm every year--soon I will
know her 86.94 cm less than I did when we hadn't known each other at
all.
Friday, November 1, 2024
oldcroghan man--donald trump in his garbage uniform--dissection of the moon
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Red-tailed hawk
Push your face into mine like a nesting bird summer two baby raccoons on the side of the road asleep in the morning, split open by noon as ...
-
They should invent a machine that grabs you and flings you around a bare sterile room with a crane arm industrial that comes from the ceilin...
-
It swells and crashes goes from hot heavy-pregnant wet to cold, whipping, white peaks and things equal to rise lower to drop and I keep drin...
No comments:
Post a Comment