Saturday, November 2, 2024

note from work

note from work, when i used to have a job... the other day i saw a guy with a bright orange sweatshirt that said "unemployed" across the front in like impact font -- possibly a gift for the unemployee of the month -- i will keep trying, i can feel it in my future (the closer it gets, i feel in the present).


I never drink coffee, but as part of my job I had to make it for everyone every morning. I didn't mind or anything. it is a nice routine, and grinding the beans smells so good. i wish they made coffee that tastes as good as that. it was kind of funny to be the youngest and least senior person in the office; i had to do grocery runs and stuff even when they had actual interns. but i like going out; i love hauling shit & figuring out the best way to move 20lb boxes of paper from my car to the printer & waiting in line to return 10 bottles of shampoo at Walmart.

I love having a solid, physical, corporeal task. when i was a lifeguard i liked moving the CPR dummies. they were heavy, not quite as real people, but i still liked to experiment with different ways of carrying: bridal, fireman; when you're in a bad mood, dragging them around the floor by a leg.

at the office, my coworkers always had CNN on. on the morning of june 12 they were talking about this australian mining tycoon, and I imagined him in a 10 gallon hat (do they use gallons down there?) and bolo tie; maybe i'm too American to live. I found the CNN article im talking about-- and the australian mining tycoon in question donated $10 million for Gaza aid only a month ago, raising the total amount he's donated to $28 million. although its strange to be a tycoon of anything--im happy someone with the title "australian mining tycoon" is using it for good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Red-tailed hawk

Push your face into mine like a nesting bird  summer two baby raccoons on the side of the road asleep in the morning, split open by noon as ...