Thursday, May 22, 2025

Train Home

Superhigh girls with their lash extensions pretty and heavy and
blinking big cowlike and beautiful and slow 
and measured a waning halfmoon with the whites twice as low as usual 

Finding my way home by cosmic pull reeled in complacent and bobbing like a fishing lure 
up past Harlem-125th while I can still stay awake 
a little kid getting carried from the car to their bed

I know where I am (track 104) with only basic English and gibberish letters 3XYKJH4IJ 
meaning New Haven but you wouldn't know by looking 
or you wouldn't know at all

Some translucent bug with many legs crawls across the yellow line you aren't supposed to walk on 
but it can't understand and anyway it can survive on the tracks 
for more area than anyone 

It took me twenty-three years to know you
and for eight-and-a-half I was just sleeping
Not wasting my time
It's not ever a waste of time

No comments:

Post a Comment

Red-tailed hawk

Push your face into mine like a nesting bird  summer two baby raccoons on the side of the road asleep in the morning, split open by noon as ...